After the San Onofre findings last week, the discussion recently has been about steam generator refits in America, but MHI units might also be used by the new reactors in India, China, etc. This may be an even bigger problem than initially thought. Rate payers and investors will need to decide if they want to keep investing in boiling water with fission or move to wind and solar and conservation.
In September 2007, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. received an order from Sanmen Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. in China for two packages of a steam turbine generator (STG) for the Zhejiang Sanmen Nuclear Power Plant to be built in Zhejiang Province.
To date, on top of 24 units of NPP-use turbines for Japanese utilities, MHI has received overseas orders for NPP-use turbines for the newly built Laguna Verde NPP in Mexico and the Fourth NPP in Taiwan (two units each) and orders for turbine rotors for the Vandellos NPP in Spain and the Krsko NPP in Slovenia.
H/T – Andhakari
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- NRC – San Onofre Corrosion Damage Seen In Multiple Nuclear Reactors Across United States (enformable.com)
- San Onofre Nuke Plant: Faulty Steam Generator Was Made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- California’s San Onofre Nuke Plant Unit 2: Steam Generator Tubes Showing “Many, Many Years” Worth of Wear (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Unprecedented Damage Found in over 800 Tubes in San Onofre Reactor 2 Alone (enformable.com)
- Workers Evacuated After Incident at 3:10 Pm at San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- Bad news turns worse at San Onofre as pipe defects found in both units (enformable.com)
- Enformable Nuclear News Update February 3rd, 2012 (enformable.com)
- Local Paper: “News could be catastrophic for San Onofre” nuke plant in Calif. – Over 800 tubes show damage – Multiple pipes may have burst – Still can’t determine size of leak (enenews.com)
- LA Times: Small leak at San Onofre nuclear power plant investigated (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- California’s San Onofre Nuke Plant Shut Down Unit 3, Due to Potential Leak in Steam Generator Tube (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- NRC says low level gas might’ve escaped from San Onofre – Other damage is unusual (enformable.com)