TEPCO detected relatively high concentrated radioactive materials from marine soil sampled at inside of the port. Since the marine soil will be spread by ocean currents, the utility plans to prevent spreading of marine pollution to outside of the port by covering marine soil with solidified soil.
・From late-December to mid-February Compounding solidified soil and laboratory investigation
・ From late-January to early-February Survey of seabed scene inside the port.
Enter of work ships（Picture 1）
※ We will opening and closing of dust inhibitor.
・From February 25
Test Construction（Figure 1）
※We will confirm workability and turbidity etc.
・From late-February Start Main construction
※Details have not yet been decided.
Construction period will become 3 or 4 months.
- Tepco to begin coating seafloor with cement mixture (PHOTOS) (enenews.com)
- Leak at Fukushima Daiichi over 2,000 mSv/hr at bottom of water storage tank (enformable.com)
- Cesium levels around Fukushima Daiichi exceed 50,000 bq/kg in many areas (enformable.com)
- Reuters obtains secret Tokyo evacuation scenario: Fukushima reactors fail as spent fuel rods melt, mix with concrete, and fall into buildings (enenews.com)
- New ‘life’ in Fukushima Reactor 2 might be due to melted fuel movement (enformable.com)
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Video of Ocean Bottom Near Water Intakes for Reactors 5 and 6 (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Workers at Fukushima Daiichi suffered side effects after taking potassium iodide (enformable.com)
- Tags: radioactive materials