Tochigi Prefecture released results of radiation tests carried out in seven towns including Shioya, where over 950 becquerels per kilogram were detected in shiitake mushrooms easily exceeding the 100 becquerel per kilogram limit set by the national government.
- Radioactive Shiitake Mushrooms from Inzai City, Chiba at 993 Bq/Kg (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- 2077 Bq/Kg of Radioactive Cesium from Dried Shiitake “Made in Japan” (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Kyodo: Radioactive fish at 400% gov’t limit found 200km inland at lake in Gunma (enenews.com)
- #Radioactive Japan: Food Items Exceeding New Safety Limit (100Bq/Kg) (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Yomiuri Daily: TEPCO declines Fukushima wood chips as fuel for thermal power generation (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Japan Times: “There could be hot spots under the sea” says Tokyo prof. – “No telling when contamination levels will peak” – 1/3 of fish caught in Gunma lake over max. cesium limit (enenews.com)
- Just In: Fukushima will start burning radioactive waste – 100,000 Bq/kg to be incinerated – 1 billion pounds of debris in exclusion zone -Mainichi (enenews.com)