VOICES FOR LIVELY SPRING: Founded in December 2011, Voices for Lively Spring is a Japanese advocacy group for safe environment, working to save lives of Japanese people in the post-Fukushima era. It hosts seminars by renowned scientists and journalists in large cities between Tokyo and Osaka, and sends instructors to local study groups to teach a radiation protection course in Shizuoka Prefecture, which is Japan’s focal point of the radioactive debris issue at the moment.
PHYSICIANS FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) is the largest physician-led organization in the U.S. working to prevent nuclear war and proliferation and to slow, stop and reverse global warming and toxic degradation of the environment.. PSR was founded in 1961 and succeeded in achieving the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty that ended the global radioactive contamination produced by atmospheric nuclear bomb testing. PSR shared in the 1985 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW), for building public pressure to end the nuclear arms race. Guided by the values of medicine and public health, PSR works to protect human life from the gravest threats to health and survival.
HUMAN RIGHTS NOW: Human Rights Now (HRN) is an international NGO based in Tokyo with more than 700 members, composed of lawyers, scholars and journalists. HRN dedicates itself to the protection and promotion of human rights. To raise awareness of the situation in Fukushima after the nuclear accident, HRN organized a human rights forum in March 2012 at the UN Church Center in conjunction with the 56th United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. Mothers and children who were evacuated from Fukushima spoke about the great and ongoing disruption of their lives. Our goal is to inform the international community about the ongoing crisis and advocate for the protection of communities in Japan.
- Mystery reddish radioactive substance detected 180km from Fukushima Daiichi – Alpha particles at 200cpm (VIDEO) (enenews.com)
- #Radioactive Holidays in Japan: Volunteers Clean Out Sludge in the Side Drain in Former “No-Entry Zone” in Minami Soma, #Fukushima (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Nuclear Expert: Everybody is now paying attention to Unit 4 because we have four years to go before fuel removed – If water lost, a beacon of radiation will bathe site in ‘sky shine’ from gamma rays (AUDIO) (enenews.com)
- No Nuke Reactor Operating in Japan on May 6, First in 42 Years (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Gundersen: “The water is steaming and boiling”; “There is some radiation being given off” – May be visible in recent Tepco webcam footage (VIDEO) (enenews.com)
- Cover Story: Study on Fukushima Fallout in US – Elevated levels of radioactive cadmium and technetium (enenews.com)
- Homeland Security: Playing down public’s concern over radioactive fallout has huge economic benefits – “We’re not trying to bamboozle the public” (enenews.com)
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant During “Golden Week” Holidays – Extremely Quiet (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Financial Times: “A ‘No-Nuclear Scenario’ could not be ruled out for Japan” -IEA – Public “remains sceptical concerning the nuclear industry” (enenews.com)
- Just In: Coalition requests UN intervention to stabilize Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 at Fukushima – Endorsed by nuclear experts (enenews.com)
- Coalition requests Japan gov’t immediately ask UN for help with Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 before it becomes too late (enenews.com)
- World Leader in Decommissioning Reactors: “There is no technology which may be directly applied” at Fukushima (enenews.com)
- Growing outrage over Washington Post editorial: Thousands are suffering and countless more will die as a result of exposure to Fukushima radiation – Contamination is widespread and growing (enenews.com)
- The Economist: Japan is without nuclear power for first time in 50 years – “A silent majority speaks” – Analysts say anti-nuclear party could soon vault to national prominence (enenews.com)
- Paper: Nuclear expert warns even if No. 4 Spent Fuel Pool survives another major quake, “failure of jury-rigged inadequate piping installed after disaster could put cooling system out of commission” (enenews.com)