From: PMT03 Hoc
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:26 PM
To: Hoc, PMT12; PMT07 Hoc
Subject: RE: Utube video of workers
Fukushima Daiichi Worker Interviews
Source: NHK World (www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3BKldg3-c)
Received from ET02 at 16:37 on 3/20/11
Interviewed two Fukushima Daiichi workers.
One was on the Unit 4 refueling floor when the quake occurred.
- No mention of exposure.
- Observed waves in the spent fuel pool, was “drenched” along with other workers by those waves.
- Had difficulty navigating his way out of the building, as outage machinery was “toppled” from the quake and plant lighting was lost after the station blackout.
The other worker was “napping in a corridor connected to the main building” when the Unit 1 hydrogen explosion occurred.
- Chaos ensued when the corridor roof came crashing down from ten meters overhead.
- Was also onsite when the Unit 3 hydrogen explosion occurred two days later.
- Noted that radiation levels then increased rapidly. “People who worked outside for 15-30 minutes showed radiation levels of more than 10 mSv” [1 rem].