At least one billion becquerels of radiation continue to leak from Japan‘s Fukushima nuclear plant each day even though it is now more than five months after the March earthquake and tsunami that damaged the facility.
Experts say that the total radiation leaked will eventually exceed the amounts released from the Chernobyl disaster that the Ukraine in April 1986. This amount would make Fukushima the worst nuclear disaster in history.
- TEPCO to ditch faulty Kurion-AREVA equipment to rely solely on Toshiba (and IHI and US’s Shaw)’s SARRY for highly contaminated water treatment. (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Prefecture Bans Wild Mushroom Shipments – Tkahagi and Ibaraki also find contamination (enformable.com)
- Wild Mushrooms in Fukushima Tested Found As Contaminated As Mushrooms After Chernobyl (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Experts Say Fukushima is turning out to be much worse than Chernobyl and yet US has learned nothing (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Reactor 2 released two large plumes of radiation spike on March 15 (enformable.com)
- 15,000 TBq Radioactive release into sea from Fukushima Daiichi in first 2 months – Triples Previous Estimates from April and May (enformable.com)
- Miyagi, Fukushima, to investigate wildlife meat for radioactive contamination from Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- Over Sixty Thousand Japanese march against nuclear power in Tokyo (enformable.com)
- 4 Workers Continued Working In Beta Radiation Hotspot Despite Radiation Monitors Warnings – 17 More Workers To Be Checked (enformable.com)
- Japon: 15 Containers Contaminated with Cesium Intercepted In Belgium – Iodine Detected In Air (enformable.com)