ISFSI Security Rule Status
* In November 2010, (SRM SECY-i 0-0114) the Commission approved expanding the rulemaking to include spent nuclear fuel stored at monitored retrievable storage installations and directed the staff to expand stakeholder outreach.
* The staff is currently performing outreach to licensees, States, tribes, and other stakeholders who are authorized to have Safeguards information. Outreach to nonauthorized stakeholders is also being performed but is limited to publically available information.
” An information paper will be provided to the Commission in November 2011, providing the results and analysis of stakeholder comments.
* Proposed Rule and Draft Regulatory Guidance due in July 2013.
* Final Rule due in July 2014
- April 18th, 2011 – AREVA Presentation – The Fukushima Daiichi Incident (enformable.com)
- AREVA in secret talks with Japan for spent nuclear fuel from Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- Spent Fuel in Number 1 Reactor Thought Not As Badly Damaged As Reactor Core (enformable.com)
- NRC Issues Final Safety Evaluation Report for 2 New South Carolina Nuclear Units (enformable.com)
- Southern pushes NRC encouraging new nuclear reactor license at Vogtle issued without waiting period (enformable.com)