Hosono asked the US and French officials to help with essential work after the cold shutdown, including scrapping the reactors, decontaminating soil and disposing of radioactive waste.
The officials responded positively.
- Hosono pledges to achieve mysterious “cold shutdown” by year-end (enformable.com)
- Hosono at IAEA: Cold Shutdown by the Year-End, Invite IAEA Experts on Decontamination (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- All 6 Fukushima Daiichi Reactors and Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant’s likely to be decomissioned (enformable.com)
- Goshi Hosono, Minister in Charge of Fukushima Accident to Become the Minister of the Environment (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Japan: Fukushima water temps to be lower this year (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- AREVA in secret talks with Japan for spent nuclear fuel from Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- Hosono: “We All Have to Share the Pain of Fukushima” (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Typhoon Roke – 1 Million May Evacuate – 500 tons of underground water leaking into Fukushima Daiichi buildingss (enformable.com)
- Gundersen’s Latest: 60 holes in bottom of Fukushima-type reactors make core melt-through easier – Fuel only had to get through a thin pipe, not inches of steel (VIDEO) (enenews.com)