The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry will take the initiative in promoting renewable energy so Japan will be less dependent on nuclear power, Yukio Edano said shortly after taking the METI portfolio.
“What we have to do is to create a situation as soon as possible where society can function without nuclear power,” Edano, 47, said Monday night during his first news conference in the new post.
Edano said he was hesitant to accept the post because he held a key position in the previous administration, which was criticized for not implementing effective measures fast enough following the March 11 disasters.
- Nuclear Protest in Japan: 4 Young Men on Hunger Strike In Front of METI (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Japan Press: Noda Picks Ex-Govt Spokesman Edano As METI Chief (forexlive.com)
- Ex-Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano to Become Chief Justice of the Judge Impeachment Court? (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Edano warns TEPCO gov’t aid is for compensation payments not protecting creditors (enformable.com)
- Latest Blunder By Japanese Government in Effort to Remove Kan – New Nuclear Agency Shows Rifts Already (enformable.com)
- Covert Nuclear Double-Cross – Kaieda, Matsumoto worked to undermine Kan’s authority with Veitnam nuclear project (enformable.com)
- (Of All People,) Edano Apologizes to Fukushima Governor for His Predecessor’s “Wrong” Words (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Yukio Edano to Become the New Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Study coming on Fukushima evacuation zone to re-asses measures (enformable.com)
- Entergy and State of Vermont face off over Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)