A draft environmental impact study completed a month ago will be the focus.
It found no show stoppers for the renewal of the Columbia Generating Station’s current 40-year license for 20 more years, allowing it to operate through 2043.
Meetings will be from 2 to 5 p.m. and repeated at 7 to 10 p.m. at the Red Lion Hotel, Richland.
An hour before each starts, NRC staff will be available to answer questions.
- Palisades Nuclear Plant Venting Radioactive Steam After Leaks Discovered in Cooling System (enformable.com)
- Hanford nuclear plant outage extended again (enformable.com)
- NRC Accepts Exelon Nuclear’s Limerick nuclear power station application for another 20 years of operation (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Tohoku-Taiheiyou-Oki Earthquake Effects On Japanese Nuclear Power Plants (enformable.com)
- NRC High Importance Notice Responding To Fukushima Disaster on March 11th (enformable.com)
- NRC No. 11-046 March 13, 2011 – NRC SEES NO RADIATION AT HARMFUL LEVELS REACHING U.S. FROM DAMAGED JAPANESE NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS (enformable.com)