NuGen was considering building a new nuclear power facility near Sellafield, in West Cumbria.
A statement released by the Perth-based company, which trades as Scottish Hydro, said it had concluded that, for the time being, its resources were better deployed on business activities and technologies where it has the greatest knowledge and experience.
- Sellafield organ scandal – Organs from over 65 deceased nuclear workers taken without consent (enformable.com)
- Closure of Windscale / Sellafield nuclear plant is welcomed – Isle of Man News – iomtoday (enformable.com)
- UK closes key MOX nuclear reprocessing plant in Sellafield due to tragic events in Japan (enformable.com)
- Marcoule blast shows the hazards associated with nuclear waste (enformable.com)
- Scottish nuclear leak ‘will never be completely cleaned up’ (enformable.com)
- Full text of Noda’s speech at U.N. meeting on nuclear safety (enformable.com)
- Sellafield will remain a threat to Ireland | Peter Geoghegan (guardian.co.uk)