From: Wegner, Mary
Sent: Friday, March 11,2011 12:09 PM
To: Breskovic, Clarence
Subject: RE: U.S. delivers coolant to Japan nuclear plant: Clinton/ Plant Being Cooled
I just got a request from a friend which mentioned this report. I would be interested in EVERYTNING you get on iy. Delivering coolant via aircraft does not make much sense. If the report is accurate as written, Japan(and us) has a PROBLEM!.
From: Breskovic, Clarence
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 12:02 PM
To: Breskovic, Clarence
Subject: U.S. delivers coolant to Japan nuclear plant: Clinton/ Plant Being Cooled
WASHINGTON I Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:05am EST
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States has transported coolant to a Japanese nuclear plant affected by a massive earthquake and will continue to assist Japan, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Friday.
“We just had our Air Force assets in Japan transport some really important coolant to one of the nuclear plants,” Clinton said at a meeting of the President’s Export Council.
“You know Japan is very reliant on nuclear power and they have very high engineering standards but one of their plants came under a lot of stress with the earthquake and didn’t have enough coolant,” Clinton said.
Japan Reactor Being Cooled
LONDON, March 11 (Reuters) – The World Nuclear Association, the main nuclear industry body, said on Friday that it understood the situation at Japan’s Fukushima plant after a massive earthquake was under control, and water was being pumped into its cooling system.
“We understand this situation is under control,” an analyst at the association told Reuters.
The Japanese government had declared an emergency situation around the plant as a precaution and evacuated residents, saying a cooling system was not working.
The analyst said he understood that a back-up battery power system had been brought online after about an hour, and begun pumping water back into the cooling system, where the water level had been falling.
- Japan: a radioactive water still contained in another nuclear power plant (enformable.com)
- IAEA team arrives in Japan to assist nuclear decontamination after Fukushima Disaster (enformable.com)
- After Fukushima fish sales from major ports in northeastern Japan down as much as 85-99% from a year ago (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – ANSB Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami; Problems with Nuclear Reactors (enformable.com)
- Electric Power From Nuclear Energy? – Speech at October 1st, 2011 Coalition Against Nukes Rally – Toledo, OH (enformable.com)
- RSOE EDIS – Nuclear Event at Genkai Nuclear Power Plant in Saga Japan on Tuesday, 04 October, 2011 at 13:18 (01:18 PM) UTC. EDIS CODE: NC-20111004-32546-JPN (enformable.com)
- Unknown Reactor Trip at Robinson Nuclear Power Plant – Unit in Hot Standby (enformable.com)
- Shikoku Electric Power halts nuclear reactor for three-month checkup – 43 Down 11 to Go (enformable.com)
- Questions Loom With Fukushima Findings – Nuclear Future in Consideration (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NEWS Event Detail – Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)