From: Buchholz, Jeri /I
To: Boger, Bruce I
Cc: Tracy, Glenn; Leeds, Eric; Nelson, Robert; Wert, Leonard; Lew, David; Miller, Mark; Cohen, Miriam
Sent: Fri Mar 18 10:09:45 2011
Subject: FW: Japan Situation
Glenn asked me to reply on his behalf.
I have been in regular contact with Chuck Casto regarding support to the team in Japan and he assures me that everyone on the team is able to stay in contact with their families and appreciates the support that they have been receiving.
Yesterday, our EAP counselor, Sarah Linnerooth worked with Robert Nelson to develop a script for the NRC to use when contacting family members so as not to cause unnecessary alarm. Communications with family member requires a great deal of sensitivity. I would encourage you to use the EAP, specifically Sarah, for this purpose whenever possible.
Let me know if you have additional concerns or questions.
Jeri L. Buchholz
Associate Director for Human Resources
Policy and Operations
Office of Human Resources
From: Boger’ Bruce
Sent: Thursday, Marth 17, 2011 8:31 AM
To: Tracy, Glenn
Cc: Leeds, Eric; Nelson, Robert; Wert, Leonard; Lew, David; Miller, Mark; Cohen, Miriam
Subject: Japan Situation
Glenn, Relative to the NRC folks in Japan, have folks been considering how to interact with their families to share information on what’s going on in Japan? Perhaps the travelers have been able to achieve regular phone contact, but now with a voluntary evacuation a greater concern at home may exist. Your thoughts? Bruce
- March 14th 2011 – Confirmation of names for Japan (enformable.com)
- April 18th, 2011 – AREVA Presentation – The Fukushima Daiichi Incident (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – Draft EDO Update – Concern about SFP at Fukushima Daiichi – 50 Mile Evacuation (enformable.com)
- March 14, 2011, 11:30pm Japan Nuclear Facility Updates – Unit 2 Ex Vessel Fuel Damage – Substantial Debris in Unit 3 SFP (enformable.com)
- April 2011 – TESTIMONY OF MARTIN VIRGILIO – NRC RESPONSE TO RECENT NUCLEAR EVENTS IN JAPAN AND THE CONTINUING SAFETY OF THE U.S. COMMERCIAL NUCLEAR REACTOR FLEET (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – In Which the NRC Puts The ‘OPA Folks’ on the MSNBC GI-199 ‘Piece of Junk’ (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – If units 1, 2 and 3 have all lost emergency diesel generators, it would seem that this is more than coincidence (enformable.com)