Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:43 AM
Titus, Brett; Meighan, Sean
More details in examples fyi
1. Due to time spent to answer questions and develop one pagers and Q’s & A’s there is a growing backlog of licensing actions requiring DE review and concurrence (e.g. slight delay [about week] in SER input for the Beaver Valley Unit 2 spent fuel pool re-rack license amendment, Slight delays for issuing RAIs for Browns Ferry EDG AOTs, SE for Prairie Island AST, Point beach AST, TSTF 500 final changes, etc.).
2. Meetings postponed, cancelled, or not attended (e.g. TAG for DI&C, Wolf Creek EDG testing, Watts Bar EQ support, NIST Cable Research, Agency First-Line Supervisor and Team Leader Meeting with the EDO; Long term plant operation – NRC activities to prepare for 2nd license renewals (60 to 80 year period of extended operation).
3. Allegation Review Delay – seismic pertaining to Diablo Canyon.
4. DE received two 2.206 petitions that are directly related to the Japanese event. It’s expected that there will be a rise in 2.206 petitions, and the impact on current workload is unknown.
5. Training cancelled (e.g. Difficult Conversations).
- March 23rd, 2011 – Fukushima Worker Casualty and Incident Report (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Check Water Levels in Drywell With Acoustics (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – What you ask for, isn’t always what you get – How the NRC internally communicates about the Freedom of Information Act (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – UPDATE from 2000 Telecon on Fukushima Daiichi Events (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Are you experiencing many quakes?? Are they big ones?? – Yes, and half of them register over 5 on the Richter scale. It’s really a bit unnerving (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – DORL Looking at licensing actions with sensitivity to potential considerations from the ‘Japanese situation’ (enformable.com)
- March 13th 2011 – Detailed Report of Plant Status At Fukushima Daini As of 2:00 AM March 14th JST (enformable.com)
- September 30th, 2011 – High Radiation in Unit 1 after ‘Earthquake’ – 512 Sv/h (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – 4 Units on RCIC – 1 Unit Without AC – Different Unit With Active ECCS Due to High Containment Temperatures or Pressure (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – What to do with respect to Potassium Iodide for those going to Japan? (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Indications of Breach of Containment at Reactor 2 (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC Radiological Health Physics and Plume Modeling Expert Worked at Fukushima in the 1980s (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Japan Requested US Supply 6 BWR 3 & 4 Experts to Assist in ‘Hour of Need’ at 2 different EOC locations (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – TEPCO Started Sea Water Injection But Does Not Work Well – All of fuels seem to be uncovered in Unit 2 (enformable.com)