International conference: “Bulgarian Nuclear Energy – National, Regional and World Energy Safety”
Varna, June 2011
Dr. Chun Bee-Ho
Ambassador of the Republic of Korea
Honourable Chairman of Bulgarian Atomic Forum Mr. Manchev,
Honourable Chair of Kozloduy NPP Board Ms. Tzenova,
Honourable Chairman of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency Mr. Tsochev,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
This conferences is a particularly timely organized event. We know that Bulgaria is in a very dynamic phase of its nuclear development, but also the whole world is putting nuclear issues on the agenda.
Discussions on expert and policy levels that we will have in the panels, will be engaging and very beneficial.
Our experience shows that no technological system is immune from accident. Taking this into account, all nuclear states, including the Republic of Korea, take as their major concern and commitment to enhance the safety of nuclear facilities, so as to prevent any technological failure and sustain unpredictable challenges of nature.
Let me bring to your attention a presentation of the nuclear power of Korea.
- Korea, Japan, China Agree to More Swift Information Sharing On Nuclear Plant Safety (enformable.com)
- Indonesian Government Approves Construction of 200KW Nuclear Station (enformable.com)
- HSCB Bank (UK) and Russia push Bulgaria to Construct Belene Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- Indian Point Offsite Notification of Oil Sheen in Discharge Canal (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Electrica – Cernavoda Nuclear – CANDU 6 (enformable.com)
- Community Leader near Fukushima: “It’s our duty to ensure an accident like this never happens again… by eliminating nuclear power” (VIDEOS) (enenews.com)
- French President Sarkozy’s Emotional Claims About Nuclear Industry (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Power in the United States (enformable.com)
- What is the future of nuclear power in Japan? Area residents reject Nuclear Power (enformable.com)