George Wilson – Chief, I&C Branch (20011)
BS Nuclear/Electrical Engineering
- Navy ET/Reactor Operator
- TVA I&C Supervisor
- STA at Watts Bar
- NRC License Examiner
- RI/SRI at BWR 4/5 Mark 2s
- Electrical Branch Chief 2005-2011
- Evaluated Forsmark event in Sweden
I was a Reactor Operator in the NAVY. I also was an instructor at the moored training ship at Charleston and taught students how to operate the plant and actions necessary to be performed during events and transients.
I worked at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant and performed several emergency response drills as a Technical Advisor, which focused on mitigation of the issues associated with the plant, in the Emergency Operating Facilities. I was also a Shift Technical Advisor on shift and have addressed events and causalities both on the plant and in simulator training. Specifically, I focused on the evaluation of normal and alternate methods on how to mitigate problems at the plant.
I was the Resident Inspector at the LaSalle Nuclear Plant and evaluated and participated in emergency drills and scenario’s while there. I also lead inspections as the overall lead evaluator.
I was the Senior Resident Inspector at the Duane Arnold Energy Center and evaluated emergency drills and scenarios while there. I was the overall lead evaluator on several event follow-ups such as the Quad Cities stuck open relief valves. I also participated in the RATTI inspections for DC COOK and Davis Besse.
I helped evaluate the Forsmark event in Sweden for the NRC.
EICB Branch Chief, Division of Engineering
Mail Stop 012H2
- NRC Issues White Finding for Plymouth Power Plant (enformable.com)
- 100% release of Unit No. 4 Spent Fuel Pool assumed in NRC analysis – 50% at Unit No. 3 pool (enenews.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – I am walking to the 6th floor to get permission to work on this. (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Regarding the NRC “Screening Process” – Never hurts to reinforce what’s already been stated (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – We do not have sufficient information to compare US & Japanese batteries (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – NRC debates INES levels 3 days prior to actual upgrade to Level 5 (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Seismic PRAs do not consider damage from earthquake aftershocks – Station Blackout Write-Up (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Premonitions of North Anna EQ – Why does the NRC have confidence that an eq greater than DB cannot occur in the US (enformable.com)
- Report: NRC analysis indicated “elevated child thyroid” in Alaska, Pacific island… With only 1 of 3 reactor cores releasing radiation (PHOTO) (enenews.com)
- NRC email 10 hours after quake: “We all need to say a prayer” – “They are struggling to shut down the plant” in Fukushima (enenews.com)