From:Janberas. Holly on behalf of OPA Resource
Subject:FW: Japan”s reactors
Date:Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:55:00 AM
Unsure how to handle – do we have someone who can address technical comments like this, or should we give him the stock “we’re doing what we can” answer?
Origina-l -M-e-s-sa ge —–
From: Love, Michael Lynn. (MSFC-AS42)[URS Logistics] [mailto:michael.love(CInasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:33 AM
To: OPA Resource
Subject: Japan’s reactors
Currently I have read about the use of seawater for cooling and the contamination. May I suggest that they begin to pump nitrogen into the containment with the water to add much more cooling effect and the nitrogen is a neutron absorbent. After some relative cooling then pump water with a borax solution to kill the neutron activity even more by encapsulation.
The nitrogen gas would become radioactive but nitrogen -17 half life is extremely short (4.3 sec.) and would not pose a air hazard.
- TEPCO’s latest findings of Cu lead to questions about status of RPV and location of melted fuel (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – NRC Japan Team Reactor Issues Alignment Plan (enformable.com)
- April 2011 – Risk versus Concern – Public Health Messaging of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Incident (enformable.com)
- March 24th, 2011 – Limerick and TMI Report Finding I-131 in Rainwater Samples (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Gerard Purciarello (enformable.com)
- June 2011 – Fukushima Nuclear Complex Severe Accident Worker Dose Management (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Melanie Galloway (enformable.com)
- Over 4,000 electronic dosimeters destroyed by Tsunami at Fukushima Daiichi leaving only 500 (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – What to do with respect to Potassium Iodide for those going to Japan? (enformable.com)
- March 24th, 2011 – Potential NRC Regulatory Response to Events in Japan – DO NOT REPLY ALL (enformable.com)
- March 27th, 2011 – NRC, GE, EPRI, INPO, Naval Reactors, and DOE Fukushima Severe Accident Management Measures (enformable.com)