Sent:Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:22 AM
To:Wittick, Brian; Doane, Margaret; Mamish, Nader
Cc:LIA08 Hoc; LIA02 Hoc; Foggie, Kirk; Abrams, Charlotte; Emche, Danielle
Subject:Read out from 4/19 meetings
Attachments:Meeting results 4-19.docx
Attached please find the results of the Tuesday meetings.
Summary – 4/19
The NISA/TEPCO meeting was largely a meeting discussing the equipment schematics for the temporary emergency cooling systems. The group also discussed current status of the three plants and #4 SFP, which remain largely unchanged.
Of note, the Ambassador requested we inquire as to the status of the “Bechtel pumping system” the NRC worked to provide to TEPCO early in the accident. We were informed the pumping system has been placed in a standby status in case they are needed as a backup.
Subgroup Engineering Meeting
The subgroup meeting reviewed the MELCOR results completed by JNES and Sandia Lab.
The PRA analysts had a lively discussion debating the finer points of what may have happened during the accident sequences. I guess this is why Nei refers to them as the “Excitement Group.”
I mostly got a sore neck from my head bobbing
Nakagawa from JNES requested a luncheon between Chuck Casto and METI’s Mitsumata (Director of Nuclear Energy Policy Planning Division). We are working to set that up for early next week.
See email forwarded separately.
- March 29th, 2011 – NRC shares Summary of TMI-2 fuel removal/cleanup with NISA (enformable.com)
- March 20th, 2011 – Dose Rates 40 REM/hr – TEPCO looking to make bigger hole in U2 (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Fukushima Daiichi Timelines from TEPCO and NISA press releases (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – International Items of Interest – Fukushima (enformable.com)
- TEPCO revises timetable to cold shutdown for seventh time in eight months (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – Thank you for the information – See you at the TEPCO building lobby (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – TEPCO Started Sea Water Injection But Does Not Work Well – All of fuels seem to be uncovered in Unit 2 (enformable.com)
- March 14th 2011 – Confirmation of names for Japan (enformable.com)