Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates confirmed Wednesday he is in discussions with China to jointly develop a new and safer kind of nuclear reactor. Gates says perhaps as much as a billion dollars will be put into research and development over the next five years. He said they also benefit from an ability to simulate earthquake and tidal wave conditions. “It takes safety to a new level,” he said.
“The idea is to be very low cost, very safe and generate very little waste,” said the billionaire during a talk at China’s Ministry of Science and Technology.
Source: CBC News
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- Saudi Arabia debates safety of nuclear power post Fukushima (enformable.com)
- Iran produces 20% enriched Uranium for Tehran Nuclear Reactor (enformable.com)
- Fuel Loaded into 4th Reactor at Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant in China (enformable.com)
- China Nuclear Power Engineering interested to invest in Romania’s Cernavoda 3 and 4 reactors (enformable.com)
- Time: Can Japan’s Anti-Nuclear Protesters Keep Reactors Shut Down? – Things starting to change in their favor – Country’s mood shifting away from nuclear power (enenews.com)