From: Weber, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:30 PM
To: Haney, Catherine
Cc: LIA05 Hoc
Subject: RESPONSE – Shipments
Liaison Team – notethat shipments of nuclear material may be disrupted on their way to Japan for a variety of reasons.
From: Horn, Brian-
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:52 AM
To: Habighorst, Peter
Subject: FW: Shipments
Here is some information concerning a previously scheduled shipments of natural uranium to Japan.
From: Owens, Janice
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:48 AM
To: Collins, Chiquita
Cc: Shepherd, Jill; Mayros, Lauren; Horn, Brian; AdvanceNotifications Resource; Foreign Obligations
Lori Southern, Cameco called and said they were cancelling the transshipment from Canada through the US to Japan and will be notifying you. (I received her email.)
Dan Noss, AREVA expects to be able to provide us with more information today on the shipment scheduled to arrive in Tokyo. He is also waiting for more information on the operational status of the Nuclear Fuel Industries Ltd. (NFI) fuel fabrication facilities.
His understanding is that NFI Kumatori is or will be operational soon and that NFI Tokai was shut down and possibly damaged, but he did not know to what extent OIP is drafting a short email message to licensees with active and/or pending licenses to export low enriched uranium to Japan to advise them that they may need to delay shipments to certain Japanese fuel fabrication facilities and/or reactors pending receipt of additional information on their operating status.
Thank you for contacting OIP regarding the advance notifications you received. We will keep each other posted as this unfolds.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- United States Sent Undisclosed ‘Nuclear Weapon Package’ to Japan 5 Days Before Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Memorial (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – We do not have sufficient information to compare US & Japanese batteries (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – NRC Response to Core Damage Accident in Japan (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Fairbanks EPA Radnet station had filter changed on March 14th (enformable.com)
- September 1st, 2011 – Nuclear power in Japan: Fukushima and after – Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainability (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – NRC Sees No Harmful Radiation Reaching US From Japan (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Are we still looking at a possible total meltdown and big release? (enformable.com)
- March 28th, 2011 – 3M Information Regarding the Use of Respiratory Protection for Exposures to Airborne Radiation Resulting from the Nuclear Reactor Incident in Japan (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Status of Fukushima Daiichi and Daini with Supplementary Materials (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Contractors working with tsunami-related projects (enformable.com)
- The Fukushima Daiichi Incident and Earthquake Presentation (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Requesting data on Fukushima – Total release fractions and retention (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – We live in Western (Redacted) I’ve called around and can’t secure KI (enformable.com)
- Korea, Japan, China Agree to More Swift Information Sharing On Nuclear Plant Safety (enformable.com)