The operation of the cooling systems for the spent nuclear fuel storage facilities and contaminated water treatment systems at the Fukushima Daiichi and Fukushima Daini nuclear power plants temporarily came to a halt Tuesday afternoon due to power transmission trouble, their operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.
The spent fuel cooling and water treatment operations resumed later in the day, TEPCO said.
Source: Kyodo News
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 16th, 2011 – Fukushima Daiichi dry fuel storage research facility (enformable.com)
- Kyodo: Secret worst scenario was ‘reactor explosion’ at No. 1 and Spent Fuel Pool 4 drying up -Hosono (enenews.com)
- Just In: Voltage Dropped in Wide Area in Fukushima, Some Systems at Fukushima I and II Nuke Plants Stopped (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- *Just In* Kyodo: Fukushima Daini “not so fatally damaged” as Daiichi – Gov’t now making claims of cold shutdown ‘conditions’ at BOTH plants (enenews.com)
- JUST IN: Tepco says New Year’s quake caused water level drop in tank next to Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 (enenews.com)
- Spent Fuel Pool cooling systems at Fukushima Daiichi and Daini stopped after power supply problem (enenews.com)
- Diablo Canyon Nuclear in Light of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster (enformable.com)
- NRC on Mar. 15: Leave it to nuclear engineers to catch a pond on fire – Referring to Fukushima Spent Fuel Pool 4 (EMAIL) (enenews.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – 1930 EDT – USNRC Emergency Operations Center Status Update (enformable.com)
- April 18th, 2011 – NISA/TEPCO Meeting – 778 Workers at Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)